Sec. 10-3. Definitions.
Unless the context otherwise requires, the terms defined in this section shall have the following meanings:
(a) "Bonds" means and includes the bonds, refunding bonds, notes, bond anticipation notes, certificates, debentures and other obligations issued or entered into by the city pursuant to this division which bear interest exempt from federal income tax and which are payable as provided herein.
(b) "City" means the city of Salinas, a California charter city organized and existing under the Constitution of the state and the Charter of the city.
(c) "Costs," as applied to a project financed in whole or in part under the provisions of this division, means and includes any and all reasonable or necessary costs incurred by or on behalf of a participant to carry out all works and undertakings and to obtain all rights and powers necessary or incident to the acquisition, construction, installation, reconstruction, rehabilitation or improvement of a project. "Costs" may include but are not limited to all costs of issuance of bonds for such purposes; the cost of studies, surveys, architectural and engineering services; funded interest on the bonds prior to, during and for a reasonable period following construction of a project; reserves for debt service and for repairs, replacements, additions and improvements to a project; and other working capital incident to the operation of a project. Costs may include amounts paid or to be paid to a participant in reimbursement of amounts previously paid or incurred by such participant for any of the items described above.
(d) "Participant" means an individual, association, corporation, partnership, or other entity, whether for profit or not, which is approved by the city to undertake the financing of the costs of a project for which this ordinance authorizes the issuance of bonds.
(e) "Project" means any structure or building or portion thereof (and the land on which the same is located) located within the city (except to the extent such project may lawfully be located outside the city), and all real and personal property, including operating equipment and machinery deemed useful in connection therewith, which shall be suitable for any of the following purposes:
(1) Any activity, business or industry for the manufacturing processing or assembling of any commercial product, including agriculture, mining or manufactured products, together with storage, warehousing and distribution facilities in respect thereof;
(2) Any undertaking involving the construction, reconstruction and use of airports, mass commuting facilities, off-street parking facilities, railroads, cable television, or mass communication facilities, and related facilities;
(3) All or any part of any office building or buildings for the use of such tenant or tenants as may be determined or authorized by the council, including without limitation, any industrial, commercial, financial, health or other service enterprise for any corporation or other enterprise now or hereafter organized;
(4) Any facility in any manner related to or in furtherance of the educational purposes of an educational institution, including but not limited to classroom, laboratory, housing, administrative, physical educational, and medical research, service and treatment facilities;
(5) Any facilities for any recreation or amusement park, public park or theme park;
(6) Any commercial facilities constructed primarily for making wholesale or retail sales to the general public;
(7) Any facilities incident to the development of industrial sites, including land costs and the costs of site improvements thereon, such as grading, streets, drainage, storm and sanitary sewers, and other facilities and structures incidental to the use of a site or sites for industrial or commercial use;
(8) Any convention or trade show facilities, together with all related and subordinate facilities necessary to the development and proper utilization thereof; and
(9) Any facilities designed and constructed to be used as hotels and/or motels, together with all related and subordinate facilities necessary to the operation thereof, including site preparation and similar facilities;
(10) Health or hospital related facilities; and
(11) Any sewage, solid waste disposal, air or water pollution control facilities, or facilities for the furnishing of water.
(f) "Revenues" means, with respect to a project, the rents, fees, charges, interest, principal repayments, and other income received or to be received by the city from any source on account of such project, and such other legally available moneys as the city council, in its discretion, may designated as revenues.
(g) "Rules and regulations" means the rules and regulations adopted by the city council pursuant to Section 10-15 hereof, as originally adopted or as amended or supplemented from time to time.
(h) "State" means the state of California. (Ord. No. 1841 (NCS), § 1.)