Boards, Commissions, & Committees
The Salinas Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (SBPAC) reviews bicycle-related issues and provides input on bicycle programs/projects within Salinas. SBPAC also promotes bicycling through special events held within the City and/or County, and supports educational and enforcement activities to enhance bicycle safety throughout the community. The group provides staff with recommendations on bicycle project priorities, safety programs, "Bike Week" activities, and assists staff in developing a bicycle network and City policies which will provide safe bicycling opportunities for all bicycling abilities.
The Bicycle Advisory Committee works closely with the Transportation Agency for Monterey County.
The SBPAC meets the second Wednesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the City Manager's Conference Room, Salinas City Hall, 200 Lincoln Avenue. Call (831) 758-7195 for general information or questions regarding agendas/minutes.
- Bicycle Facilties Map - English | Español (pdf, 12.59 MB)
- Bicycle Protection Program Application (pdf, 84 kb)
- Committee Application Form (pdf, 83 kb)
- Public Officials Handbook (pdf, 462 kb)
- Salinas Bikeways Plan (pdf, 34.99 MB)
- Salinas Pedestrian Plan (pdf, 10.13 MB)