Residential Permit Parking
Residential Permit Parking Districts are parking zones/areas in residential areas that specifically limit on-street parking to area residents with a permit. Residential Permit Parking Districts are initiated at the request of residents who petition the City. The process requires a completed and certified petition and a parking study. Then community meetings are held and the Traffic and Transportation Commission reviews the proposed program. Finally, the City Council must approve the program by adopting a resolution.
If you live in an area of the City which has already established a Residential Permit Parking District, you may purchase Annual Residential Permits, Annual Guests Permits or Daily Guest Permits. Only residents residing on streets within a Residential Permit Parking District may apply for these permits. Proof of residency will be required prior to the issuance of permits.
Information about establishing a residential permit parking district, purchasing permits, fees, regulations and other information is provided in the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Ordinance establishing Residential Parking Districts (pdf, 561 kb)
- Resolution Establishing District 3A (pdf, 172 kb)
- District 3A Map (pdf, 501 kb)
- Petition for Establishing a Residential Permit Parking District (pdf, 19 kb)
- Petition to Opt Out of a Residential Permit Parking District (pdf, 20 kb)
- Residential Parking Permit – Replacement Permit Application Form (pdf, 101 kb)
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf, 118 kb)