Located at 216 West Alisal Street, Fire Station 1 is the busiest fire station in the city and was constructed in 1982. The daily staffing includes a three-person Advanced Life Support (ALS) engine company, a three-person truck company, and the on-duty Battalion Chief. This station houses the department's Hazardous Materials unit as well as one reserve fire engine and a reserve fire truck. Station 1 is home to the department's mechanics who maintain all department vehicles. Each shift has a total of two mechanics assigned.
Opened in 1951 at 10 West Laurel Drive, Fire Station 2 houses a three-person paramedic ALS engine company and protects the north central area of town. Station 2 also responds into the contracted area of Boronda through an agreement with MCRFD.
Located at 827 Abbott Place, Fire Station 3 was opened in 1957 and is home to the Division of Training. In addition, Station 3's training tower is used regularly for Multi-Engine Company training within the department. The Salinas Police Department uses it for tactical training and the Monterey Peninsula College Fire Academy uses it for their weekend drills. This station houses a three-person ALS engine company which serves the southern district of the city. Also at this station is one reserve engine.
Protecting the Alisal District of Salinas, Fire Station 4 was opened in 1966 at 308 Williams Road and houses a three-person ALS engine company. Station 4 is the home of two unique vehicles. The first is the Dry Chemical Unit 5350, which responds to aircraft-related emergencies. The second is a retired 1972 American La France Engine. The engine was restored in 2000, and serves in parades throughout the county.
Opened in June 2000 at 1400 Rider Avenue, Fire Station 5 is the department's newest fire station and houses a three-person ALS engine company. Station 5 covers the northeast district of Salinas along with Station 4. A Type III Wildland Apparatus is assigned to this station which is available for response within the city as well as on a Statewide Mutual Aid request.
Protecting the Santa Rita and Harden Ranch residential areas from its location at 45 East Bolivar St., Fire Station 6 houses an ALS engine company staffed with three personnel. This engine also responds into the contract are of Bolsa Knolls, Country Club Meadows and San Juan Estates through an agreement with MCRFD.
- Fire Stations Response Map (pdf, 262, kb)