The Neighborhood Services program was developed
to assist residents in strengthening the social fabric
of their neighborhoods and aid the City Council
in connecting with neighborhoods to help
On February 11, 2003 the City Council adopted a resolution approving the Neighborhood Engagement Strategy which provides Neighborhood Services with
a list of goals and the means to accomplish them.
- To provide a direct communication link between the Salinas community, the Mayor and Council, and City Departments.
- To support neighborhood empowerment activities, coordinate the implementation of solutions to neighborhood issues, and work with violence prevention collaboratives to strengthen neighborhoods.
The Council has set three targets to meet these goals, which include the implementation of community cleanup campaigns, holding neighborhood meetings, and sponsoring
If you are interested in learning more about the Neighborhood Services program, please contact us at (831) 758-7217 for more information.
Neighborhood Problem Solver
The City of Salinas is a great place to live and work, but like all communities, there are times when problems occur which affect our ability to enjoy where we live. To aid the citizens of our community when such problems arise, the Salinas City Council has developed the Neighborhood Problem Solver as a step-by-step guide to help you find solutions to neighborhood problems.
Groups wishing to receive training on the use of the Neighborhood Problem Solver can receive free instruction from the office of Neighborhood Services.
- Neighborhood Problem Solver - English | Español (pdf, 674 kb)
- Neighborhood Service Grant 2016
- Volunteer Services Application (pdf, 20 kb)
- FY 09/10 Community Engagement and Volunteer Services Plan (pdf, 553 kb)
- FY 08/09 Neighborhood Services Work Plan (pdf, 40 kb)
- FY 06/07 - 07/08 Neighborhood Services Work Plan (pdf, 51 kb)
- FY 02/03 - 03/04 Neighborhood Engagement Strategy (pdf, 172 kb)
Neighborhood Block Party